Faculty of Economics and Management
Thesis for M.A Degree in MBA Management
Investigate the use of machine vision technology in registry entry and exit of goods
The importance of warehousing and warehouse management and carelessness in warehousing is known to everybody and it is an important operational issue in the supply chain (Dohoratis and Verman,2008). It is obvious that in the present era, the era of information and communication, the latest and most up to date technology for gathering, recording authentication information that provides a competitive advantage for companies. Technologies that are used to identify objects, humans and animals are called auto-detected by the machine is used. The goal of most automatic identification systems, increase efficiency, reduce errors, data entry and release staff time for more important tasks, such as better service to our customers. The need for automatic identification and data collection related to those elements without the need for human intervention to enter the information in many areas of industrial, scientific, and social services severely felt. In response to this need has been designing and implementing various technologies. Bar codes and RFID are examples in this regard, Each of these technologies have their advantages and disadvantages. But what about the questions examined in this study is, Is it possible to use machine vision technology to record and monitor entry and exit? In this research, we want to find the answer of the above questions in the field of computer vision and image processing algorithms to prove our hypothesis, and Finally we published an algorithm based on Machine Vision Expert System Storage.
Key Words: RFID, FCIM, Machine vision, Image Processing
- Antoniou, A.S , Polychroni, F. Walter, (2000), Sources of stress and professional Burnout of Teachers of special Educational Needs in Greece, Presented at ISEC, pp:1-10.
- Yilmaz, O.javed, and M shah, (2006), Object tracking: A survey, ACM Computing Surveys, Vol.38,No. 4, pp.1-45
- Chaoa C. Yangb J. Jenc W. (2007). Determining technology trends and forecasts of RFID by a historical review and bibliometric analysis from 1991 to 2005 Technovation, 27, pp. 268–279
- DeHoratius,N.,Raman,A.,(2008), Inventoryrecordinaccuracy:Anempirical analysis.ManagementScience54(4)627–641.
- Jahandide, K. Mohamedpour, H.Abrishami Moghaddam, (2012), A hybrid motion and appearance prediction model for robust visual object tracking, Pattern recognition Letters, Vol. 33 No. 16, pp.2192-2197
- Marinos Themistocleous, Zahir Irani, & O’Keefe, R. M. (2001). ERP and application integration. Business Process Management Journal, 7(3), pp. 195-204.
- Myoung J. Ouk Kim C. (2011). Adaptive product tracking in RFID-enabled large-scale supply chain. Journal of Expert System with Applications, 38(3), pp. 1583-1590
- Nath, B., Reynolds, F., & Want, R. (2006). RFID Technology and Applications. Pervasive Computing, IEEE, 5(1), pp. 22-24.
- Sari k. (2010). Exploring the impacts of radio frequency identification (RFID) technology on supply chain performance. European Journal of Operational Research, 207, pp. 174–183.
- Yu S. (2007). RFID implementation and benefits in libraries. Journal of the Electronic Library, 25(1), pp. 54-64.
- Jones, P., Clarke-Hill, C., Shears, P., Comfort, D. and Hillier,D. (2004), Radio frequency identification in the UK: opportunities and challenges, International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 32(3), pp. 164-71.
- Kakkainen, M. (2003), Increasing efficiency in the supply chain for short shelf life goods using RFID tagging, International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 31 (10), pp. 529-36
- Collins, J. (2004), RFID brings order to the law, RFID Journal, July 7, available at: www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/977/1/4/
- McGee, M. (2004), Health-care IT. has a new face ,InformationWeek, May, pp. 16.
- O’Connor, M.C. (2005), Suppliers meet mandate frugally ,RFID Journal, January 3, available at: www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/1308/1/1/
- Wilding, R. and Delgado, T. (2004), RFID demystified: company case studies , Logistics and Transport Focus, June,pp. 32-42
- Li s and Visich j.k and Khumawala M B and Zhang c, ( 2006), Radio frequency identification technology:applications, technical challenges and strategies Sensor Review, pp 193–202
- Dinning, M. and Schuster, E.(2003), Fighting friction, APICS–The Performance Advantage,February, pp. 26-31.
- Li, S. and Visich, J.K. (2006), Radio frequency identification: supply chain impact and implementation challenges, International Journal of Integrated Supply Management, 2(4), pp. 407-24
- Smaros, J. and Holmstro¨m, J. (2000), Viewpoint: reaching the consumer through e-grocery VMI , International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 28 (2), pp. 55-61.
- Brewer, A. and Sloan, N. (1999), Intelligent tracking in manufacturing, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Vol. 10, pp. 245-50.
- Jansen, R. and Krabs, A. (1999), Automatic identification in packing – radio frequency identification in multi-way system , Packing Technology and Science, Vol. 12, pp. 229-34.
- Lapide, L. (2004), RFID: what’s in it for the forecaster?, The Journal of Business Forecasting, 23(2), pp. 16-19.
- Janz, B.D., Pitts, M.G. and Otondo, R.F. (2004) paper presented at Workshop, the 35th Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, Back to future with RFID, lessons learned-some old, some newBoston, MA, pp. 20-23.
- Srivastava, B. (2004), Radio frequency ID technology: the next revolution in SCM, Business Horizons, 47(6), pp. 60-8.
- Angeles, R. (2005), RFID technologies: supply-chain applications and implementation issues, Information Systems Management, 22(1), pp. 51-65.
- Jones, P., Clarke-Hill, C., Shears, P., Comfort, D. and Hillier, D. (2004), Radio frequency identification in the UK: opportunities and challenges, International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 32 ( 3), pp. 164-71.
- Becker, C. (2004), A new game of leapfrog?, Modern Healthcare, 34 (28), pp. 38.
- Stackpole, B. (2003), RFID finds its place, Electronic Business, 29 (9), pp. 42-6.
- Swartz, N. (2004), Tagging toothpaste and toddlers, Information Management Journal, 38 (5), p. 22
- Emery, G.R. (2004), IT execs prepare for an RFID revolution, Washington Technology, Vol. 12, pp. 229-34
- IOMA (2004), RFID pilots roll out but ‘wait-and-see’ attitude still prevails, Inventory Management Report, pp. 4-6
- Logistics and Transport Focus (2004), Business in the dark about RFID, Logistics and Transport Focus, April, p. 14.
- RFID Journal (2003), ISO moves on RFID standards, RFID Journal, February 7, Vol. 12, pp. 229-34
- Porter, J.D., Billo, R.E. and Mickle, M.H. (2004), A standard test protocol for evaluation of radio frequency identification systems for supply chain applications, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 23 (1), pp. 46-55.
- Weil, M. (2004), RFID confusion and possibility, APICS – the Performance Advantage, February, pp. 50-4.
- Jansen, R. and Krabs, A. (1999), Automatic identification in packing – radio frequency identification in multi-way system, Packing Technology and Science, Vol. 12, pp. 229-34
- Swedberg, C. (2004), Bike maker rolls out RFID, RFID Journal, June 25, available at: www.rfidjournal.com/article/ articleprint/999/-1/1/
- Moore, B. (2004), AIDC in the warehouse: hardware’s easy; software’s hard, Material Handling Management, 59 (8), pp. 25-31.
- Weis, S., Sarma, S., Rivest, R. and Engels, D. (2003), Security and privacy aspects of low-cost radio frequency identification systems, in Hutter, D., Mu¨ ller, G., Stephan, W. and Ullmann, M. (Eds) paper presented at First International Conference on Security in Pervasive Computing, 2802 of LNCS, pp. 454-69.
- Juels, A. (2004), Minimalist cryptography for RFID tags, in Blundo, C. and Cimato, S. (Eds), Security in Communication Networks, Springer, New York, NY, pp. 149-64.
- Wu N.C Wu N.C., Nystrom M.A., Lin T.R., Yu H.C.(2006), Challenges to global RFID adoption, Technovation 26 pp1317–1323
- H. Hubel and T.N. Wiesel, (1962), Receptive fields, binocular interaction and functional architecture in the cat’s visual cortex, The Journal of physiology, Vol. 160, pp. 106–154,